Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2010

Selena: "Manche Menschen sagen ich wär nicht talentiert"

Selena 'People Told Me I Wasn't Talented'

Selena Global Grind blog: Being business-minded so young is more about being passionate with the things that you love. I mean, I’ve had people tell me that I would never have my own show that I wasn’t talented or strong enough.

And I’ve had a bunch of people criticize my music and my personal style and everything. I think it’s all about finding something you’re genuinely passionate about that you would never let anything get in the way of. That is a big part of how I became who I am because I love everything that I do. So if you have that passion it will give you the drive that you need to become unstoppable.

I’m very proud of my background and where I come from. When I was younger I thought I had to have blue eyes and blonde hair and be white to success, I know how some girls feel inside. I know they think if they want to be an actress or a singer they have to have those qualities. For me, I love not having blonde hair or blue eyes to prove that we all don’t have to look that way.

In the entire process of my album, A Year Without Rain, I wanted to be much more involved than I had been in the past. I knew exactly where I wanted to go with this album. Because my first one was more of a learning experience, the album artwork is a little older, it’s a little fun and kind of dreamy and fantasy like.

It’s got that dance feel to it and I hope everyone can listen to it. The reason I called it A Day Without Rain is because one of my favorite songs on the album is A Year Without Rain. It’s basically has a sweet melody tune to it and it’s basically a song saying you cant live without that person. A day without you is like a year without rain.



Quelle: oceanup.com


1 Kommentar: